At Quilt Market, Art Gallery Fabrics was giving out little packages of 3 die-cut butterflies from their solid-colored fabrics. I knew I wanted to embellish them in some way, and this is what happened:
First I did a version of a buttonhole stitch around each one to attach them to the ground fabric, and then started stitching on the coral one. I haven’t done much embroidery in a long time, so my first attempt was tentative and safe. I added little glass beads to jazz things up a bit.
The blue came next. By this point I felt slightly more adventurous and tried to make things a bit more free-flowing and creative. And then with the yellow I aimed for something simpler and more modern.
Happy with the evolution!
Next up … Making a cushion cover with it!